Last updated on March 10, 2010
- The Types of Information We Collect From You Via This Website
- Personal Information You Provide to Us
When you submit a request for information from us, we may collect personal information about you such as your preferred location, program of interest, first name, last name, email, street address, city, state, zip/postal code, daytime phone, evening phone, graduation/GED year, as well as any other personal information you may choose to submit in the context of your request for information. While you can chose not to provide us with any personal information, or with limited personal information as part of your request for information from us, if you do so we may not be in a position to respond to your request for information. By submitting a request for information via the Website you represent that you are over the age of 13.
When you participate in a survey accessible via this Website, we collect your answers to the survey questions. Surveys are conducted at random and your participation in any survey is completely voluntary. If any survey requires you to provide personal information, and you do not wish to do so, you may discontinue any such survey at any time. By submitting information in response to a survey, you represent that you are over the age of 13.
- Information We Collect Through Technology
- IP Addresses. When you visit this Website, we may keep a record of the internet protocol (“IP”) address of the computer you used to visit this Website.
- Cookies. When you visit this Website, a “cookie” (a small piece of text) may be stored on the computer you use to visit this Website. You can choose to have the computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can turn off all cookies through your browser settings. We may use the cookie to maintain data related to you during your navigation of this Website, to remember information about you in order to show relevant content in the future, or to track your web browsing habits.
- Other Technology. Our Website may also use other technical methods to track the traffic patterns on this Website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of this Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We may also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send visitors to our website to determine whether such visitors have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. We may collect and store the information provided to us by these technologies in a form that is personally identifiable.
- Personal Information You Provide to Us
- How We Use Personal Information We Collect From You Via This Website
- Internal Use
We may use your personal information for various internal purposes, including, but not limited to, responding to your requests for information, anticipating and resolving problems with your use of the Website, and to inform you of upcoming events, course offerings, and other products or service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. This means that we may use your personal information, whether in conjunction with information available from other sources or otherwise, to market our services to you. We may also use personal information to investigate and prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates this Website’s terms and conditions for usage.
- Sharing Your Personal information with Third Parties
We may provide personal information about you to third party service providers that are not affiliated with us and who perform services for us or on our behalf. Examples of these services may include, without limitation, gathering your information, communicating with you, and/or other marketing services. We will provide your personal information to the extend needed in order for such third parties to provide their services, or in some cases, for Denver College of Nursing and third parties to jointly market services and/or products to you.
- Internal Use
- Updating Your Contact Information and Opt-Out Choices
You can access, update, and change the contact information you provide to use in connection with a request for information, and modify your opt-out choices, by contacting us at email@example.com. You may unsubscribe from certain e-mail communications from Denver College of Nursing by clicking on unsubscribe links in those e-mails.
If Denver College of Nursing receives an opt-out or unsubscribe request from you, Denver College of Nursing thereafter (i) will not contact you directly with marketing messages about Denver College of Nursing’s products or services, and (ii) will not use personal information obtained from your use of the Website to contact you with marketing messages. Please note, however, that any such “opt out” only applies to Denver College of Nursing and will not apply to any other third parties to which Denver College of Nursing has already supplied your personal information.
- Security Measures Denver College of Nursing Takes to Protect Your Personal information
Denver College of Nursing has implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures in an effort to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use. From time to time, Denver College of Nursing will review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. However, you acknowledge and agree that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and your personal information may still be accessed and used by others without authorization.
- We Do Not Solicit Personal Information From Persons Younger Than 13
This Website does not solicit or target persons younger than 13 years old, and we will not knowingly accept personal information from any such person. In addition, Denver College of Nursing encourages any child under the age of 18 to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. Denver College of Nursing also encourages parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children.
- Business Transfers
In the event that Denver College of Nursing or any of its affiliates is acquired by (whether by sale of assets or ownership interests) or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign all of the personal information we have collected from you via our Website (including via any survey in which you have participated) as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred or used.
- Policy Changes
- Questions About Identity Theft and Online Issues
We suggest that you visit ftc.gov/idtheft to learn about the crime of identity theft, including detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against it, and we suggest that you visit OnGuardOnline.gov to learn how to be on guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.