Denver College Of Nursing - Campus Experience
One of the most obvious benefits of enrolling in the on-campus programs at DCN is to begin your nursing program quickly. There are many benefits to being a DCN student that may not be as obvious. First and foremost, DCN strives for quality in its programs and excellence in customer service, which means a student, is never just a number. With low student-to-teacher ratios, you get to know your classmates and professors and vice versa. And every student can easily be heard through one-on-one talks with faculty members, becoming a member of the Student Nurses Association (SNA) and student government, or even by submitting an idea for improving the college via the President’s Suggestion Box. At DCN, you often hear us speak of the DCN “family” because you will make lifelong friends and colleagues within your cohort group.
Here are some other ways that DCN offers a valuable educational experience that differs from the rest:
- All we do is nursing! Every student you meet will have the same goal as you; to become an incredible nurse!
- DCN has the highest quality, state-of-the-art simulation labs designed with input from experts in simulation lab experiences as well as nursing community program advisors from throughout the Denver metro area.
- The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives around the world via participation in one of our Global Health Perspectives program trips.
- We are committed to your passing the NCLEX®; any student who achieves a score of 1000 or higher on the HESITM Comprehensive Exam during his/her capstone course will be reimbursed for the cost of their first NCLEX® licensing exam!
- Students nearing the end of their nursing program are offered a free NCLEX® review course from Kaplan and discounted review courses from HURST Review.
- Any student may participate in success-building in NCLEX® preparations activities at no cost to the student.
- It’s easy to keep up with CPR certification – free CPR courses for students and staff are offered at the start of every quarter!
- Resume and interviewing assistance are available from our Career Services department and these career services are built into every student Capstone course.
- The college regularly hosts career fairs to help you get a jump start in your nursing career!
- DCN graduates are employed at a wide variety of health care facilities, including Denver Health, Kaiser Permanente, University Hospital, Littleton Adventist Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center, North Suburban Medical Center, Porter Adventist Hospital, St. Anthony Central, and Swedish Medical Center to name a few.
- Denver College of Nursing partnered with IASIS Healthcare to assist students with tuition and fees related to earning a degree in nursing and securing employment following graduation. For those who qualify, IASIS Healthcare offers scholarship and relocation expenses for DCN students willing to commit to work at an IASIS facility for a designated period of time.
- The Student Services Department arranges a variety of fun events on campus including barbeques up on our rooftop deck, free lunch days at various times throughout the quarter, and even a scrubs and dress for success fashion show during National Nurses Week each year.
- DCN’s Virtual Library provides online access 24/7/365 with course resource pages, department pages for our programs, course bibliographies and PowerPoint lecture support, subscription research databases, APA guidance, and more!
- DCN’s services to students include a free amount of copying/printing each term and free wireless access across campus.