At Denver College of Nursing (DCN), our students are active members of the DCN community and classroom, whether taking a class online or on-ground at the campus. The college fosters an engaging and interactive online learning experience by offering a variety of learning opportunities and resources for distance education students. These include:
- Dedicated and experienced faculty members
- Experienced online academic advisors for additional help when you need it
- Reliable support and interaction from student services representatives who care about your success
- 24/7 technical support
- Tutoring and writing assistance seven days a week
- Engaging and unique applied nursing experiences through the college’s experiential learning course assignments and service-learning opportunities such as the college’s Global Health Perspectives program
- Opportunities to participate in student government, the college’s advisory committee, and other college organizations
- Network with other peer professionals
Experience the Online Campus
We want to get to know you! Feel connected with our faculty, staff, and learning resources in the online portal – everything is at your fingertips! Get to know and contact any faculty and/or staff in the online program through profiles, photos, contact information, and opportunities for live interactive sessions when you participate in student organizations.
- Student Services - You’ll get to know your student services representative at the start of your program as he/she arranges your orientation. Student services will then reach out to you regularly to offer assistance, get feedback from you, and be a resource as needed.
- Academic Assistance - If you need help in your courses, your faculty member and the online academic advisor are there to assist. Our experienced online faculty will guide you through your BSN program courses, making themselves available for questions and responding with feedback to help you succeed. The online academic advisor is also there to help with additional guidance for academic success.
- Online Resources - If you need help at any hour, DCN provides online resources that are at your disposal 24/7 (e.g., access to the writing center and tutoring request system, APA guidance, electronic learning resource materials, computer tutorials, technical support, and Blackboard support).
Enroll in a Program That Fits Your Life
Not only does DCN offer excellent resources to support online learning, the distance education program at DCN is designed to fit your already-active schedule. We recognize that overwhelmed students can’t be successful. Our RN to BSN program is paced at two courses per term so that you can both work and study while you complete your degree. The program also has breaks in-between terms to give you an opportunity to enjoy some time off from coursework, take a vacation with family, or focus on other projects. You will be able to work, live, and learn successfully as you progress through the RN to BSN program at DCN!
Collaborate and Learn
DCN fosters an environment that prepares excellent healthcare providers and leaders who can contribute to transforming the lives of persons and communities. Collaboration is key in this process. The college collaborates with its students, faculty, and staff to create welcoming, positive, engaging online classes that facilitate learning. You’re given opportunities to impact the future of your program by providing feedback in your classes, having a voice in student government, and collaborating with other professionals in committee meetings. DCN is committed to continuous improvement, and that is only possible when everyone participates. We encourage active involvement from our students, online and on-ground learners alike!